- The security of your information is paramount to us and as such we are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected at all times.
- We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page and so you should check it regularly to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT WHEN YOU VISIT OUR WEBSITE
- When you visit our website, we'll automatically collect certain information about the device you are using to access it. This will include information about the website browser you are using and the IP address of your internet connection. We may also identify your device with a unique, randomly generated, identifier.
- As you browse our website we'll continue to collect information about the website pages that you look at during your visit, how long you visit them, and what links you click on each page. We may also record what keywords you used to locate our website and what third-party website referred you to our website.
- The information we collect about you is referred to as Device Information. It's not personally identifiable to you (for example, we don't collect or associate your name or address with this Device Information) and it's not stored on our systems for any longer than we need to store it in order to allow you to use our website for the purposes in which it is intended.
- We collect Device Information from you using Cookies. These are small data files that are placed on the browser you use, on your device, to visit the website. Cookies often include an anonymous and unique identifier (so we know it's your device).
- Certain cookies are placed on our website in order to make it work. For example, when you add items to the shopping basket/cart we need to store this information on a cookie.
- Where cookies we place on your computer are:
- not identifiable to you as a living person, and
- only placed in order to fulfil the inherent functions of an ecommerce website.
- We won't ask for your permission before we place them.
- We may, from time to time, also collect information about your actions on the website and record those actions in log files. This data will include your IP address and may include the device that you are using, the browser that you are using, your internet service provider and be attached to date and time stamps. We'll only include this information for as long as necessary.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT WHEN YOU MAKE A PURCHASE OR REGISTER FOR AN ACCOUNT
- When you use our website to make a purchase of one of the goods or services that we offer for sale, or when you register for an account on our website (without making a purchase) you may be asked to provide certain personal information about you.
- Such information we collect may include:
- your name
- your address
- your contact information (like your telephone number or email address)
- your date of birth
- When you make a purchase on our website you may also be asked to enter your credit or debit card details. You will be redirected to a secure 'payment gateway' website to enter your card details.
- Your full credit or debit card details are never stored on any databases we hold. You may be asked if you want to 'store' your purchase information for faster checkout at a later date, where you do store this information the full card information is never stored on any databases we hold. Instead we send the full information to our payment processor, who then send back a secure 'token' which we then use to place future purchases. To help you identify stored cards, we may store the last 4 digits of the card, the type of card (e.g. Visa or MasterCard) and the expiry date.
- Where you wish, you can always delete a stored card within your customer account.
We call this data Personal Information.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION AND DEVICE INFORMATION
- We use Device Information we collect in order to help us screen for potential risk and fraud, to improve and optimise our website (by generating data about how our customers browse and interact with our website) and to analyse the success of our marketing and other advertising campaigns.
- We use Personal Information that we collect to fulfill any order that you place and to communicate with you as one of our customers. We may also use this information to screen for potential risk and fraud.
- With your consent, we may, from time to time, provide you with information or advertising relating to the products and services that we provide.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND DEVICE INFORMATION
- We will share personal information and device information with third parties in their capacity as a data processor on our behalf.
- We will never sell, rent or trade your personal or device information to a third party.
- We take the security of your personal information seriously and as such will not disclose any of your personal details without your prior consent to any third party other than those details necessary to complete your transaction. This may involve a courier or postal service in order to arrange delivery or processing of personalised or special orders.
- We may also on occasion share your personal information and device information where it is believed there is a legal duty to do so in order to comply with applicable laws and regulations or to respond to any lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
REMARKETING AND BEHAVIOURAL ADVERTISING
- We may, from time to time, share your device or personal information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe might be of interest to you. This may include sharing some of your information with third party networks such as Google, Bing or Facebook.
DO NOT TRACK
- Our website does not alter the data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
- If you are a resident of a country where the European Union's GDPR is applicable, you have certain rights.
- To exercise your rights to access your data, receive a copy of that data, or to rectify a mistake, please contact us.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Bare Bones Pet Supplies Ltd, Unit 125, Perth Self Store, Inveralmond Industrial Estate, Inveralmond Road, Perth, PH1 3TW